WHAT IS ONE WAY’S AFFILIATION?
One Way is a Pentecostal church, affiliated to the Assemblies of God Group if South Africa
WHAT IS ONE WAY’S LEADERSHIP STRUCTURE?
Our leadership structure consists of an eldership comprising of the Senior Pastor, certain staff and members from the congregation. The staff at One Way operate as a team, thus any staff member is well equipped to connect with you and answer any questions.
WHAT IS ONE WAY’S STATEMENT OF FAITH?
We believe that:
- The Bible is God’s word. It is the ultimate authority, and is applicable to our lives today. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- There is one eternal God who is the creator of all things (Genesis 1:1). he exists in three persons – God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. (1 John 5:6-7; Genesis 1:26; John 15:26; John 16:15; Mark 12:29-32; John 1:18). He is completely loving (1 John 4:8) and completely Holy (Lev 11:44).
- Sin separates us from God and his original plan for our lives and the world (Romans 3:23)
- Jesus Christ is both fully God (Luke 2:11) and fully man (John 1:14). Jesus is the only one who can reconcile us to God through his sinless life, death on the cross and resurrection from death (John 14:6)
- In order to receive freedom and forgiveness for our sins and a brand new heart and life, we must repent of our sins, believe in Jesus as our Lord and submit to his will for our lives (Romans 10:13; Ephesians 1:7)
- In order for us to live the kind of life that God wants for us, we need to be baptised in water (Mark 16:15-16; Romans 6:3-4; Matthew 3:16), filled with the Holy Spirit (Acts 9:14-17) and be an active member of a local church (Hebrews 10:25)
- The church is God’s plan for the growth of Christians and the transformation of communities. We believe in its power and significance and the necessity for believers to meet regularly for fellowship, and family prayer, worship and breaking of bread (1 Cor 12:12-17; 1 Tim 3:15:5:1-2).
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM A SUNDAY SERVICE?
We run our sunday services with the following principles in mind:
FUN – INSPIRATION – RELEVANCE – ENTHUSIASM
Our meetings are always full of faith and we continually trust God to meet needs and bring breakthroughs in people’s lives. We experience enthusiastic, relevant worship and inspired preaching of the word. We view our meetings in a high priority and we value worship. We therefore encourage you to be punctual and please not that we lock our gates 5 minutes after the service starts.
WHICH BIBLE TRANSLATION DOES ONE WAY USE?
Here at One Way, we do not favour any translation of the bible in particular, but preaching is most often done from the NIV (New International Version), NLT (New Living Translation) and ESV (English Standard Version) and may include other translations. It is important that you use a translation that you understand and are comfortable with.
WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE AT ONE WAY?
At One Way we do not adhere to a strict dress code.